Chocolate Fudge Cake with a Secret
It is very important that a high quality (preferably organic & 70% or higher cocoa) Also note that this cake needs to be refrigerated before serving.
- 8oz (225 g) organic dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp high-quality organic cocoa powder, plus some for dusting
- Zest of one organic, un-waxed orange (optional)
- 1 can (1⅓ cup) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup apple sauce (or 4 eggs if you eat them)
- ½ cup date syrup (or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly coat an 8” loaf pan or spring form pan with coconut oil, ghee, or butter.
- Mix beans, eggs, syrup, orange zest, cocoa and baking powder in blender until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and blend until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture into pan and bake for 35-50 mins. (The toothpick still didn’t come out ‘clean’ when we did the test, but the cake firms up well when cold.)
- Chill completely in the fridge. Dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve chilled.