Warm Greens and Lemon Vinaigrette
This is a great rustic dish that can really work any time of the year. You can adjust the greens for any season.
Don’t be afraid to mix it up! Use anything from kale and chard to broccoli, herbs, spinach, beet greens, or sea asparagus.
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1½ cups extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp capers
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and process for 2 mins.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste. Please remember that we added salt to the boiling water and you may not need at much as you think.
Warm Greens Ingredients:
- 2 big bunches of leafy greens (4-5 handfuls)
- ½ head of broccoli or broccolini
- 1 handful of sea asparagus (100 gms)
- 4 balls of bocconcini
- Once the water has come to the boil, add the broccoli and let that cook for 1 min.
- Add the sea asparagus, cook for a further 2 mins and add the leafy greens for 1 min.
- Strain the greens and shake out as much water as you can.
- Toss all the greens with the vinaigrette and spread on a large oval platter. Make sure that you leave a little of the vinaigrette to drizzle over the bocconcini.
- Cut the bocconcini into pieces and place over the greens.