Mushroom Nut Burgers
A variety of nuts were used, including selenium-rich Brazil nuts. The patties can be individually wrapped and frozen.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup assorted nuts (cashews, brazil nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds)
- 1 medium sized carrot, chopped
- ½ onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- ¼ cup water, or more to create desired consistency
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- ½ tsp basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Flour, for dredging
- More oil, for frying
- Slice of tomato
- Cashew cheese
- Cilantro wasabi mayo
- Sauté mushrooms in oil until dry, about 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, grind nuts in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add chopped carrot, onion, and garlic, and process until ingredients are combined.
- Place mixture in a bowl with other ingredients, including mushrooms.
- Mix thoroughly & shape into patties (makes 4-6).
- Dredge each patty in flour and pan fry in oil for around 7 mins each side on medium heat.
- Serve warm with grilled eggplant, top with a slice of tomato, cashew cheese, and cilantro wasabi mayo.