The mixture will be smoother if you can soak the cashews for 1-2 hours first, but sometimes you may not have time and that’s alright. The cashew cheese will still be delicious!
- ¾ cup raw, unsalted cashew pieces
- 1 tsp light miso
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp cold pressed virgin olive oil
- Combine the above ingredients in a food processor along with 2-3 tbsp of water so that the mixture becomes smooth.
- Process for about 1 min, pause occasionally to scrape down the sides of the food processor as needed to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Taste and adjust salt, water and other seasonings as desired.
Try this cashew cheese with our Mushroom Nut Burgers!