Nutty Broccoli Soup
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1 teaspoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leeks or onions
- 2 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos or tamari
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp dill
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup almonds, finely chopped, or substitute 2 tablespoons almond butter for richer taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
You will need a hand blender or a food processor for this recipe.
- Cut the broccoli head into florets. Peel and chop the stalk.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add the leeks, aminos, herbs, and spices.
- Sauté for 2-3 mins, then add the broccoli and the finely chopped almonds. If you are using almond butter, this will be added later.
- Sauté the almonds and broccoli with the herbs and spices for several minutes; stir frequently.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil – if you’re using almond butter, add it now, then reduce the heat.
- Simmer the soup until the broccoli is almost soft. Be careful not to overcook the broccoli.
- Let the soup cool for about 10 mins, then purée with a hand blender or food processor.
- Reheat; then add the lemon juice. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley.