Maple Walnut Filo Triangle
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 12 sheets whole-wheat pastry filo
- ¼ cup ghee or vegetable spray
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Heat the ghee and maple syrup in a sauté pan.
- Add the walnuts and sauté until well coated. Stir in the coconut flakes and cinnamon.
- Continue to combine until well coated.
- Cut a whole filo pastry sheet into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- Very lightly spread the ghee on the sheets with a pastry brush. You can also use vegetable spray instead of ghee (lightly spray the sheets with the vegetable oil).
- Stack the 4 pieces on top of each other.
- Place some of the chopped walnut mixture into the corner of the filo pastry.
- Fold into a triangle starting at the corner and keep folding until the triangle is complete.
- Place on a sprayed sheet pan, lightly brush some ghee on top, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 mins, or until golden brown.