Quinoa Buddha Bowl with Lemon Tahini Sauce
For the Dressing – Lemon Tahini Sauce:
1 cup tahini
¾ cup of lukewarm water (plus more to reach your desired consistency)
2-3 cloves of garlic (optional)
¼ or more of fresh lemon juice
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp parsley
- Place dressing ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor down during the process.
- Blend until sauce is creamy or desired consistency.
For the Buddha Bowl:
2 cups uncooked rainbow quinoa (but any kind works)
4 cups veggie broth (optional)
2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
2 cup of green beans, ends trimmed and chopped into bit size pieces
2 cups of snap peas, ends trimmed and chopped into bit size pieces
2 cups of yellow or green zucchini, sliced into half-moons
1-2 cups of dark leafy greens (kale spinach or arugula)
1-2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
1 medium beet, peeled and grated
1-2 large ripe avocados, pitted and sliced
1 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds
- Cook the quinoa; in a medium size saucepan, add the quinoa along with 4 cups of water (or veggie broth for added flavour). Stir to combine. Bring to a boil at high heat.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, add ghee to a large skillet and sauté the green beans, snap peas, and zucchini. Stir to combine and season with salt.
- Sauté veggies on low-medium heat for about 10 mins, or until cooked to desired consistency (you want the veggies to have a slight crispness to them). Remove from heat.
- Peel and grate the carrot and beet, and slice the avocado.
- To assemble: scoop 1 cup of quinoa into a large bowl, add one scoop of the veggie mixture over the quinoa. Top the bowls with carrots, beets, avocados and lots of pumpkin seeds.
- Drizzle the lemon tahini sauce over each bowl.
Lindsay Renton is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN), whose approach to health is focused on the mind-body connection and intuitive eating. Lindsay educates guests at The Paradise Valley Healing Center on how to prepare Ayurvedic Vegetarian style Cuisine, so they can easily implement these practices in their own home.