Vegan Zucchini Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Muffins
2 cup zucchini, shredded (2 small green or yellow zucchini)
1 large apple, shredded, cored
1 tbsp of fresh squeezed Lemon juice
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vanilla
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil
1 cup of cranberries
½ cup pumpkin seeds
3 cups spelt flour
1½ tbsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In 2 separate bowls, mix wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another.
- Wet bowl: Combine zucchini, apple, lemon, oil, maple syrup, vanilla mix and set aside.
- Dry bowl: (be sure to sift all your powders) spelt flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Mix and set aside.
- Gently mix both the wet and the dry ingredients together with as few folds as possible but enough to have everything mixed together well.
- Fill your muffin pan with liners, scoop batter into liners and then sprinkle the top with a few extra cranberries or pumpkin seeds for decoration.
- Bake for 35 mins.
- Let cool for 5 mins in muffin pan before taking them out of the oven.
- Let cool on baking rack for another 10-20 mins before serving.