This sauce is also great served over rice or as a side dish stew! Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- 1 tsp ghee or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped leeks or onions
- 1 tbsp Bragg liquid Aminos or tamari
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup artichoke quarters, fresh or canned, rinsed
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups watercress or red Swiss chard, torn into small pieces
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- ½ pound fresh pasta (6 oz dried pasta), cooked and drained
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Cook your pasta and drain it. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and add the leeks, aminos, pepper, thyme, basil, and oregano. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Add the asparagus, artichokes, green beans, and vegetable stock; stir and cover the pan and continue to simmer for 3-4 more mins.
- Add the watercress, tomatoes, and additional stock, if necessary. Simmer until the greens are just wilted.
- Add the olives and serve over your favorite cooked pasta.
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the pasta.
- Add the sauce for extra zest.
Serves 4 – Recipe from the Chopra Center Cookbook