Quinoa Ratatouille Salad
2 tsp basil
½ tsp kosher salt
½ freshly ground black pepper
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I like to use the small heirlooms in a variety of colors.)
1 medium eggplant
2 medium zucchini, halved and cut into ½-inch slices
2 medium bell peppers, or use 8-10 of the small mini peppers
1 medium sweet yellow onion, halved and cut in small wedges
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
6 cups cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Combine basil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place several paper towels on a plate and top with tomatoes. Allow to drain while preparing rest of salad.
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Combine zucchini, peppers and onions on prepared sheet pan. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with ⅔ of the herb and salt mixture. Toss it with a spatula to coat veggies with oil and spices.
- Place eggplant on the second prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining ⅓ of the herb and salt mixture. Toss to coat eggplant with oil and spices.
- Place both pans in preheated oven and roast for 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and stir gently.
- Return both pans to oven and cook for another 10 mins.
- Remove pepper/onion pan and set aside to cool.
- Stir pan with eggplant and return to the oven for another 10 mins. Set aside.
- Combine cooked quinoa and roasted veggies in a large bowl. Add lemon zest and tomatoes. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
Serve hot or cold. Enjoy!