Pumpkin Spiced Muffins
- 16oz can of organic pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs, beaten (or use substitute: 2 tbsp ground flax seed and 6 tbsp warm water)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Truvia
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 12-hole muffin tray (spray with cooking oil or rub a small amount of coconut oil in each hole to prevent muffins from sticking).
- If using egg substitute, combine ground flax seed and water and allow to sit for 10 mins.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients and walnuts.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, and either the egg or egg substitute.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and gently fold until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Divide mixture into muffin tray, bake for 30-35 mins.
- Serve warm.